‘Anthony blog duty’ popped up as a calendar alert about two weeks ago. The very fact it was unaccepted and referenced a ‘duty’ says everything you need to know about where it sits in the mortar barrage of agency life. I tried to ignore it; but got ‘reminded’ by the boss.
Given I need to avoid doing this again for the next year, I have decided to cover off my annual ‘blog duties’ in one efficient
- Is the press release dead? Probably, a bit. Not sure. Yes? Dammit one just worked. No? No.
- Something thinky about blockchain.
- Did you see what <insert journalist> did to <insert PR person / pitch> on <social media place>. < insert generic fence sitting opinion >
- AI! Run and hide.
- News has changed. Oh wait, a story is still a story. Phew.
- Content eh? Lots of THAT.
- Good Facebook / Bad Facebook / Bye Facebook / Facebook is back.
- We should be keyword optimizing product launch releases to game automated news rooms.
- Emoji’s in corporate statements. 🙂 or 🙁
- In 2019, communications will make predictions unlawful.
See you next year.
Update: Apparently this is correctly characterized as a ‘listicle’ and not a blog post. This is reflected in the above